For Spring Break this year I went down to St. George with a bunch of friends. Emily's family has a vacation house down there that we were able to stay at. It was BEAUTIFUL! I had never seen so many palm trees before and there were basically lining down every street. The weather was perfect, nice and hot! Sarah and I ended up falling asleep in the sun and got burned pretty bad. It was pretty painful, hopefully it will turn into a nice tan! There was another group of about seven guys who we met down there and did everything with. With the exception of some things, I had a really great week and would love to go back! We have even planned weekly volleyball games with everyone from the trip to keep in contact. Here is just a few of the things we did while in St. George:
Rock Climbing-CHECK
Canyonering- CHECK
Nightly Sand Volleyball-CHECK
Sun Bathing-CHECK
Temple Trip for Baptisms-CHECK
Hiking-CHECK
Bonfires-CHECK
Running-CHECK
Rappelling-CHECK
Hot Tubing-CHECK
Frisbee-CHECK
"Family" Dinners-CHECK
To save on money, we each were assigned a night to make dinner for our little group that was staying at the house. It was really nice to come home after a long day, relax and have a delicious and healthy dinner together. By the end of the week we had been through so much together we definitely felt like we were a little family. We had a terrible accident happen early Monday morning. Brittany lost control and fell 60 feet while night rappelling with our good friend Supe. She was life flighted to Vegas and immediately started a 10 hour surgery for the two vertebrae she broke in her back along with reconstructing her foot and leg. She is paralyzed from the waist down, but doctors have hope that within the next year and a half she will be able to stand up and walk again. We were all in shock when we were woken up at 4AM to Supe's heartbreaking phone call. We immediately knelt down in prayer, scared not knowing what was going to happen next. She was just with us barely three hours before the accident laughing and having the times of our lives. It's crazy when you take a step back and see how fast things can change. I do not know why this happened to Brit but she is a fighter. She has been the most inspirational person I have ever met. She was my first and one of my best friends on the Track team and I know she will get through this trial with unwavering faith. Her smile is addictive and brings so much joy to the people around her. To watch the KSL report on Brit click
here. Since that happened only two days after being down in St. George, it was hard to enjoy everything when we were constantly worried about how she was doing. Here are some pictures gathered from the trip.
 |
| Our House |
 |
| Sarah and Haley in the back |
 |
| Collin and Sean... don't ask. |
 |
| They were suppose to MAKE dessert but really just ate half of it. |
 |
| Nick and Collin taking a break from volleyball |
 |
| We had the cutest little neighbors and little puppy. I think they had a little crush on Collin :) |
 |
| Sarah, Sean and I went and did Baptism for The Dead |
 |
| Climbing at Black Rock |
 |
| Chuck-A-Wala Wall |
 |
| Emily climbing through the crack. |
 |
| Part of the other group we went with. Collin, Nick, Em, Jamie, Taylor, Kyle and Rich. |
 |
| Pioneer Park |
 |
| Sarah and I exploring |
 |
| Sean, Sarah, Emily and Collin |
 |
| Nick and I climbing |
 |
| Brit tried to teach me some yoga moves.... |
 |
| Sarah, Brit, Sean and I getting ready to squeeze through that crack behind us. Sean didn't make it...he was a little to big. |
 |
| Brit and Haley striking a pose! |
 |
| Sarah, Kyle Haley and I roasting some hot dogs and marshmallows. |
 |
| Our "Family" plus Brit who took the picture. |
 |
| We finally found a safe spot to set the camera and get a picture with everyone one in it. I love this picture, this was a few hours before Brits fall. We love you so much and miss you Brit! |
 |
| Look at this smile only days after her surgery?! She is doing VERY well, has some feeling in her toes and once her foot is reconstructed she will fly out to Denver to start 18 months of rehab to learn how to walk again. Keep up the hard work Brit! Know of all the love and support you have. And thank you to everyone for your prayers and words of encouragement. It really does make a difference! It means more to her then you know. |
No comments:
Post a Comment