Sunday, October 14, 2012

5 Years Old

This last weekend, Since I didn't have work,  I went down to Salt Lake/ Murray to spend some time with my wonderful family.  Friday night my Grandma and I made dinner together, drew on pumpkins and just caught up.  Later, we went to visit Aunt Sybil in the rehab center she is at.  She fell a few weeks ago in her back yard and broke her hip.  I loved talking and spending time with her, she is so wonderful   You never could tell she was hurt or in pain.  She is such a trooper, always has a smile on her sweet face.  I look up to her so much.  She was really happy because she had a little visit from President Monson the week before :)  I am so grateful to have such a loving Prophet who is so genuine and truly cares about us enough to take the time out of his busy schedule to make a little visit.
It was Rihannon and Abby's 5th Birthday this week, so we had a cute party for each of them.  Saturday we went all got together at Tristyn and Blakes house for Abby's celebration.  It is so nice to have Tristyn back home and slowly but surely getting better!  Blake grilled some fabulous BBQ chicken and ribs for us to enjoy.  After dinner we went ans watched the kids hit the pinata!  They were so excited for that.  Abby did not like the bandanna on her face but after watching all the other kids gave in and was "cool" with it.  To finish out the night, we opened presents and had some delicious cake.  
Abby trying to take a swing at it
All the kids (and Drew) racing for the candy
Kids showing off their winnings
Happy Birthday sweet girl!
I stayed the night at Traci and Drew's house the next night and was lucky enough to have a little slumber party with this girl....
In the morning we went to church.  It was fast and testimony meeting and I have never been so proud.  All the kids (Dylan, Quaid and Rhiannon)  went up to bear their testimonies!  They weren't forced or asked to, they just did it simply because they wanted to.  I love these kids so much, they are such a great example to me and the love they have for the Lord and others is amazing.  
After church we had to get ready for Rhiannon's party.  Traci and I made her cake and I gave her a little manicure.  Making her cake was quite the experience.  I had a lot of fun trying to figure out how to make it perfect from the Barbie to the frosting.  We got all together again and opened presents and enjoyed her awesome cake :) 
Can you tell she liked it??  It took us a couple hours to make, but  it was a success!  And she got  another Barbie :)
As I was getting ready to leave, I went downstairs to grab by bag.  I came to find this sweet little message:
Quaid is such a stud!
I adore these kids.  I am so lucky to be able to see them so often!  They just bring me so much happiness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment