Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Family Vacation

Well, we were Utah bound once again!  The drive out here was a little difficult but we made it safely and that's all that matters.  My dad drove out with me this year and the first day went great!  We drove straight to Cheyenne, Wyoming and stayed the night there.  The next day we headed out in the morning and made it all the way till about 20 miles east of Evanston before the car gave up.  We were a little over 100 miles from Salt Lake! So close.  We thought it was the transmission because of the smell, past experience and the work we just had done right before I left.  So here we were stranded in the middle of no where (literally).
My dad was on the phone for a good 30 minutes with the insurance company while they tried to find someone to tow us to Salt Lake. Their emergency roadside assistance basically said we were on our own and good luck. Thank you American Family, thank you. 
While he was on the phone, a nice State Patrol man stopped to check on us.  I was happy he came and hung out with me for a while.  We had some toothless, dirty old men stop and offer to help us.  One even went back in his truck and watched us until a tow came.  I know they could honestly be wanting to help but a girl like me who watches wayyyy to much Criminal Minds gets a little paranoid in these situations.  Anyways, he was very helpful and gave us a number to call for a good tow guy named Larry since out insurance company left us in the dark.  After waiting not to long we were on the road again ready to finish the road trip to Utah.  We brought the car to a mechanic in Murray and he gave us some good news.  It wasn't the transmission but the transfer case was basically ruined needed to be replaced.  I could kiss the guy I was so excited.  It was a pricey fix but it was better then having to buy a new car and have a car payment!      
We met up for lunch with the Wilsons!! It was so good to catch up.  Those kids are growing up tooo fast. 
On Friday night, some of the family went to the Bee's game.  The kids loved riding the train and playing on the playground more then watching the actual game.  They did bring their mitts though and had a couple fouls come our way.    
We have a certain ice cream place our family loves to go to called Letherbys.  You want a sugar over load?  Go there.      
Every year I think I will be able to eat it by myself but I just cant.  This is where a man to help you would come in handy :) 
Friday I got to spend a good 5 hours at this beautiful place......
It was seriously just what I needed.  A lot has happened in my life in the last month.  Life starts to take a toll and you wonder why all theses not-so-good things need to happen.  Why do you have to experience heart break, frustration, loneliness, and even betrayal?  I know why, we talk about it in church all the time but it still doesn't make it easy.  Trials shape us into who we are.  They make us stronger and hopefully strengthen our relationship with the Lord.  If we didn't have trials, I feel like we would take life for granted and not make the best out of situations that come our way.  People will hurt your feelings and let you down.  It is your choice to decide what you do with those feelings.  You can either sit around and be bitter or you can forgive, hold your head up high and know that something better will happen.  Appreciate those who are in your life and make sure they know how you feel about them.  Nothing is worse then regret.  My goal is to be happy with whatever comes my way.  Even if it isn't exactly what I had planned.        
Sunday we had our family reunion at Grandma Weldon's house.  It was SO good to see everyone and just be together as a family.  Our family is constantly growing and I love it. I am truly blessed to have such an amazing support and be surrounded by so many people that love me.   
The "Weldon Dynasty" :) Everyone seems to have a beard in this family except Uncle Rick.... he just wanted to be included in the picture.  We sure missed Anthony!!
Brothers and sisters minus Bernie and Tom
MaryAnn and I
Our little Lincoln!! He just turned one and is the cutest thing. 
Some of the kiddos!
Some of the cousins.
Okay. Funny story.  Sitting in church Rhiannon wanted to draw my mom a picture.  She decided to draw everyone in the family.  Look closely at Anthony's butterfly. Yes, she added his beard.  HILARIOUS.
On Tuesday my family and I got to tour Welfare Square.  I have driven past it many times going back and forth from Logan and Salt Lake but never stopped to check it out.  It was amazing to see all the wonderful things the church has for us.  It really touched my heart and made me so grateful for all the things I have.  I am so blessed that the church is there to help anyone in need.  We had these awesome sister missionaries that gave us the tour.  I guess when you are called to the SLC Temple Square mission, you also do Welfare Square, The Beehive House and humanitarian aid.  It was really fun to talk, get to know them and their experience so far here in the United States.  Especially since they are my age and I have so many friends going on missions.  
I was able to spend a lot of time with these lovely ladies.  My heart is full when I think about how lucky I am to have such amazing people in my life.  My family brings so much joy in my life and can always put a smile on my face.  Nothing is better then going over to see them and having the kids get so excited they run up and give me the biggest hug.  Just what I need when I am feeling down.  I am so lucky.  

No comments:

Post a Comment