I don't even know where to begin. This week was awesome. I left on Saturday and went to visit my family till Tuesday. Saturday night I hung out with my grandma and made some type of oatmeal cake... it wasn't too bad but it just looked weird coming out of the oven, knowing me, I probably forgot a ingredient or something. Aunt Sybil came over for dinner and celebrated her birthday! She is such a hoot, I love her. Saturday night I was able to have dinner with my Aunt Teresa and then hung out with my wonderful cousin Zach and a bunch of his buddies for the rest of the night. Sunday I went over to my cousin Traci's house and hung out with her family and all my other fabulous cousins :) Then on Monday grandma and i went to the Salt Lake Temple and did baptisms for the dead. She did them with me, bless her heart because she had hurt her ankle pretty bad the week before. I loved going with her and talking about our family history and just learning new things about my ancestors.
 |
| Fail. |
 |
| Happy Birthday Aunt Sybil!! |
 |
| SLC Temple <3 |
 |
| My grandma gave me the BEST hot chocolate ever :) |
 |
| This is Rihannon, She is modeling her Strawberry Shortcake PJ's for you :) |
 |
| I LOVE the little things Dylan makes for me :) I have everything he has made me hung up on my board in my room, I absolutely love him! |
 |
| Aunt Coleen and Rihannon |
 | |
| I love these kids!! |
|
On Tuesday morning the Griffeths came and got me and I spent the rest of the week with them. Them and the Wilsons have been my home away from home these past two years. They babysat me when I was younger, and I babysat their kids when I got older. They are basically my second family and I am SO grateful to have such wonderful friends out here. It defiantly helps when the little feeling of homesickness starts creepin' up on ya. Utah finally got the BEST burger place ever. A Culvers. Yes Wisconsin, Utah officially has one!! OOO it was delicious, best burgers and custard there is :)

We spent the rest of the day shopping around Provo before heading to Price. On Wednesday we went to Kenzies D.A.R.E graduation. It made me think back to when I was in grade school and went through the D.A.R.E program, seems so long ago, yet I remember it pretty well. At night Kenzie also had her dance recital. It was pretty interesting. They had all different ages and dances going on. Some were really cute and some were just..... different? haha but it was so fun to watch her dance.
 |
| Kenzie and I before her graduation |
 |
| Receiving her award! |
 |
| Kenzie and some of her friends in her class |
 |
| Go Carbon All-Stars! She is too cute. Below is a video of her dance, it will be hard to spot her out, but she did great! |
The next few days kinda just mushed together, it seemed like we did so much, but at the same time was able to just relax a ton, which was really nice. Tanya made some yummy breakfast every morning. I had so much fun just catching up and playing will Case. He has grown so much since I have seen him and he is the cutest kid ever! He is such a joy to be with and always made us smile.
 |
| Tanya making some crepes!! She is a wonderful cook. |
 |
| This is Case!! Isn't he just adorable?! I put my glasses on him and had to take a picture it just made me laugh. |
 |
| We told him to do a funny face and he did this :) |
I loved it when the kids came home and we were able to do something together. Jackson and I made some Hamma Bead crafts, and played Just Dance 2 with Kenzie. It was so funny because I had such a hard time trying to figure out how to dance and whatever. Kenzieand Jackson were really good and just creamed me. It was so fun, you can hear Jackson halfway through yell "I GOTTA PEE" and little Case just comes stumbling it, I just love it.
 |
| Jackson making me a "smiley face" |
 |
| He is such a sweetheart! |
 |
| :) :) |
|
The weekend was full of the kids sports and practices. Saturday I went and watched Jackson play some basketball, he is a little speed demon. Then we all went to the St. Patrick's Day parade. Kenzie's dance team had to be in it so we helped her get all set up with the four-wheeler. Later that day we came back and went four-wheeling and drove on the terricks. (I think that is how you spell it) Brian had a super fun time teaching me how to drive that thing. Just ask him :) We went out for ice cream (thanks mom!) and had a movie night. Their basement is so cool and is perfect to watch movies in.
 |
| Jackson dribbling |
 |
| He is in the yellow, in the middle right next to the ref. |
 |
| Getting ready for the parade! |
 |
| Jackson and his cute little girlfriend |
 |
| Case quickly ran out of hand and mouth space to store all the candy people were giving him, it was so funny. I don't think he could stuff anymore in those cheeks of his. |
 |
| Brain and Taylor thought me how to make popcorn in their awesome popcorn maker they have |
 |
| We watched Salt. GREAT movie. |
 |
| Strike a pose! |
 |
| Tanya was always making something good to eat! |
 |
| This is Taylor, he was super busy this week! He is in like every sport plus school plus scouts, I remember when I was that busy. It was nice to see him for a little bit when he had some free time. He is a great kid and he let me stay in his room the whole week. Thanks Taylor- Love ya! |
|
|
They also took me to Brians doctors office. It was SOOO cool just to see his name everywhere and know that the place was HIS! He is a wonderful foot/ankle specialist, so if you have any problems with that, Brian is your man!
This break was wonderful and I am so happy I was able to stay with them! I had a blast with them and it was also a nice break away from school.
Thank you Griffeth Family!
No comments:
Post a Comment