It seems like life has just been super busy lately. I have been non stop since the moment I got off the plane. It seems like Christmas break needs to slow down! My blogging has been slacking. On a good note, I am HOME :) I flew in Saturday afternoon. I headed to Grandma Weldons house on Wednesday night and went to see the Temple lights with Brian since he hasn't been in a longgg time.
Also, since I usually stay with my grandma for a couple of days before I fly home for Christmas or summer, we have made it a tradition to go to the Temple and do some baptisms for the dead. We usually go to Salt Lake, but it was booked for the day we wanted to go and the West Jordan Temple was closed. So we headed to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. It is brand new, and absolutely beautiful!
Later that day I went down to Salt Lake once again with my cousin Traci, Drew and their kids along with my Aunt Colleen. This would be my third time going this year, but I do not mind! I went with different people every time so it was always fun. Before the lights we went to eat at the Lion House. If you have never eaten there....you should try it!
![]() |
| My little man Dylan |
![]() |
| Traci and I |
It is a tradition we always go out to eat after the family picks me up form the airport. We decided to go to Olive Garden instead of the usual Famous Daves. We had hoped that Ant would get something other then chicken tenders....but we were wrong. One of these days we will get him to order something different. Then Ant and I went to the Gurnee Mall to do some Christmas shopping. While we were there, we surprised Mary at her work. She was so shocked she screamed into her microphone and got in trouble. It was pretty funny. I have missed her! Sunday we had the annual Christmas cookie decorating party with Steve's family! That has been one of my favorite things to do at Christmas time. Maybe it was extra special this year, knowing that this time next year Steven will be home. I miss him so much. My heart has become very tender this past year, I have realized that I can't worry about what is going to happen in the future and I need to live and enjoy the "now" and know that everything will work out the way it is suppose to.
Monday was a big day! Brian and his family were in Chicago for the day! His older brother graduated from Purdue on Sunday so they decided to take a day trip to the windy city. I drove down and met up with them at the Sears Tower. I know, shocking that I drove to the city all by myself. Do not worry, I already gave myself a pat on the back. We went up into the Skydeck and then after we ate some delicious Chicago Style Pizza at Giordanos. They also went and stopped at Millennium Park and looked around, along with Lake Michigan. We were blessed with a beautiful sunny day! So weird for the month of December but we were grateful we didn't have to walk around the city in the dead cold. Brian then came to good ol' Wisconsin and stayed for a night before he flew back to Utah Tuesday morning. We showed him around town, Six Flags, Gurnee Mall, Wilmot "Mountain" and took him out to Culvers for some frozen custard of course!
![]() |
| In the Skydeck! |











No comments:
Post a Comment