Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Unpleasant Surprises

I was really sick during finals week and the first week at home.  All I wanted to do was sleep.  Anthony was also on the same boat.  He had been struggling with a sore throat and body aches.  He went to the doctor and was told he had strep.  After being on some medicine for two days, it just got worse.  His throat swelled up so bad that we had to take him to the ER because he couldn't breathe.  After hooking him up to some fluids and running some tests, they came to find the poor kid has Mono.  Luckily, I didn't have Mono and just a nasty cold.  Anthony has just been sleeping all day everyday which is sad because I don't get to spend much time with him.  On the same day, I got a call from my credit card company and found out my credit card had been stolen when I was at the airport in Salt Lake the other day.  They had charged over $700 dollars on it at a Walmart in Pennsylvania.  I was in shock because I had my credit card in my hands at home when finding this out.  I had no idea people could steal your card without even having to physically take it.  It is creepy how those things can happen.  I spent the next couple hours on the phone trying to figure out what to do and what paper work to file.  Now I'm going to be that weird paranoid person that buys a metal wallet when I travel :)  Anyhow, there were some times when Ant started feeling better and was up for some intense games of scrabble, which I have learned he is quite good at!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment