Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Unexpected Events

When I woke up Monday morning I did not expect to be in the ER all day.  When I got up, I started my usual routine.  When I got out the shower  all of the sudden I felt extreme nausea, hot flashes and dizziness.  I went and sat down, waiting for it to pass and instead blacked out and fell to the floor.  When I woke up my roommate thought I had a seizure so they took me to the ER to figure out what was going on.  The ER doc said he thought it might be a side effect from a medicine I just started taking the night before.  So they hooked me up to all these cords and to some IV's.  They took a bunch of blood tests and had to check my blood pressure every 15 minutes for the next 5 hours.  When the test results came in we had good news in that I didn't have a seizure.  The doctor said that it is possible to be unconscious, and your body  can still have movement, making it so people mistaken it for a seizure.  It was due to my medicine, so now there will obviously be some changes, a few check ups and I should be good to go.  I was so happy to get out of there and come home and rest.  I am doing really well today,  I feel so much better!  The only thing that hurts in my forehead from smacking it on the bathroom floor and my arms because of all the bruises from the needles.  I am so grateful that the one day my roommate decided not to go to work (which has NEVER happened before) because she was sick, was the one day I needed someone to help me.  I really don't think it was a coincidence but a blessing.  I am grateful for my wonderful nurses and doctor that made my stay somewhat "do-able."

                               

No comments:

Post a Comment