Who would have thought I would fall in love with Firth, Idaho. I think I am a sucker for small towns. There is just something about them that makes me smile. I had the best weekend with the Christensen's! I loved seeing Braden around his family, makes me like him that much more. You can learn so much about a person when you see where they came from. I got a nice 47 second tour of the cute little town. Saturday afternoon, we went shooting with his brother Landry, and their dad. I don't know why, but every time I go shooting with people, they laugh at me for some reason. I had such a fun time shooting and spending time with them.
Later in the evening, we went for a drive. Not just any drive, but a drive in his Grandpa's old, oldddd car. I mean, this car is precious to him and he hardly ever drove it. No one in the family has driven it except Braden. Since his Grandparents are now serving a six month mission, they gave it to Braden's parents to look after it while they are gone. Shannon, Landry, Braden, his mom and I squeezed into the car. His mom insisted that I got a turn to drive it. Braden strongly disagreed with her and pretty much tried to explain in the nicest way possible, that I am too horrible at stick to drive this car. He was right.....it was a bad idea. I mean, he only taught me how to drive stick about a week before this and lets just say I still need a lot of practice. She insisted, and you always listen to mom. So, I got in the front seat an had a mild heart attack. I could hardly reach the pedals, let alone see over the huge steering wheel. I'm only in a super expensive, antique, stick shift car, with a family I am just starting to get to know. No pressure or anything. It ended up being so much fun. I am grateful his mom was patient with me, even though she was probably scared for her life. I only killed it once.......yes, I had another heart attack after that. Feeling a car jolting back and forth and literally having no idea what you are doing.......horrible feeling. You could say it was a good bonding experience for us all. They seemed to get a good laugh out of it at least!
For dinner, we got the family together and went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. We had to drive to Idaho Falls which took about 20 minutes. It reminded me of home. Being in Logan, I get use to everything being so close and I forget what it feels like to have to drive a little ways for anything and everything. After dinner, Braden and I went to visit his best friends from high school, Casey and Wyatt. I had the best time with them. My cheeks seriously hurt at the end of the night from all the laughing. Those three definitely have a strong bromance going on. Sunday, after church was the family party. His grandparents are so sweet an I loved meeting everyone. My favorite part was spending time with these two babies! They are both four months old. Oliver is only 5 days older you can see how much bigger Brynlee is. She is a chunk, but we sure do adore her! They certainly warm the heart and are always a joy to be around.



No comments:
Post a Comment