Friday, March 7, 2014

Lesson Learned

Boy, do I have a story for you!  Saturday, Braden and I had a fun date in Salt Lake to see Brian Regan and eat some good Pizza.  The night started out fantastic.  I am hard to please when it comes to pizza (thanks to growing up near Chicago, in a Italian family) but eating at The Pie, I was quite satisfied!  It is right next to the University of Utah campus.  After dinner, we met up with Traci to say hello because she was working that show.  It was so good to see her, since I haven't been able to visit her and the family since I have gotten back from my trip- which I still have to blog about by the way.  Anyways, Braden and I decided to walk around and explore to kill some time before the show started.  I am not going to write all the details on what happened because I am too lazy and that's not really the point of this post.  To make a long story short, my phone was stolen.  It literally disappeared. Disintegrated into thin air.  POOF, gone. I am not joking.  I have given up trying to make sense of what happened and have just accepted it as a lost cause.  I felt so sick.  I have never had anything stolen from me before, well nothing as expensive and important as my phone.  Yes, I depend on my phone for a lot of things.  I need it daily for work to accept jobs, it is how I communicate with my family, holds my calender, pictures (you know how I love my pictures) and reminders.  My heart sank to my stomach.  I don't understand stealing.  What makes someone think it is okay?  Oh well.  It happened.  I waited a few days, hoping the lost and found would call me saying they found it.  No call.  Days passed and I really needed to get a phone because I was missing out on work opportunities.  My heart sank once again when I realized how much it would cost me to get a new phone, being in the middle of my contract.  How could I afford it?  Having the amazing parents that I do, they offered to help me but I hated the idea of them having to do that for me.  I figured some things out and headed to the store.  When the manager met me at the door, I told him what happened.  He said "you seem to really be stressing, lets see what I can do to help you."  I did not expect what would happened next.  He gave me a deal that was unbelievable.  Pulling a few strings, he gave me my new phone  for the normal contract price, saving me $520.00!  It was even nicer then the phone I had before.  Also, this was now a price I could afford.  Being the "hugger" that I am, I could have given that man the biggest hug but held back to avoid making him feel uncomfortable and taking his offer back haha.  Little did he know, I had been praying for help.  Praying some honest person would return my phone.  Praying for a miracle that would help me afford this new phone.  The point of this post is that God truly does give us little tender mercies.  This might seem like a stupid story to someone else but to me, it was just another testimony builder.  Yes, something as simple as saving a couple hundred dollars is huge when you are a poor college graduate trying to figure out your life.  Huge, HUGE blessing for me.  I am so grateful I had just taken all my pictures from my trip off my phone to my computer two days before.  Besides that unfortunate event, I had the best night with my wonderful man, laughing our heads off to Brain Reagan and spending some quality time together.    

No comments:

Post a Comment