So yesterday I signed my first lease for my apartment next fall!! I am SO excited, its such a cute little place. I don't know why but I was a little nervous, like I was signing my life away. But I knew i loved the apartment, I just gave the landlord the 200 bucks, signed the papers and left before I could change my mind. I get to live with my roommate from freshman year, Amberly, so I am wayyy excited. I'm so ready to get out of these college dorms! Ahhhh another part of growing up:)
This week has been.... busy? My poor computer crashed on Monday. I was sooo upset, I was worried I would lose my 9 papers I had worked on the week before for all my classes, and of course my music and pictures. So I have been making a ton of phone calls and arguing with the post office trying to fix things. (I need to send it home to be fixed) I am NEVER using the United States Post Office again. They are so unreliable and slow. I know my dad has told me that before, but I obviously didn't listen and had to learn from my mistake. Gosh. Fed Ex from here on out! So I have been at the library a TON this week, more then I have in my entire life probably. I'm not a library person, specially to do homework, I like to do it in my room on my bed or at my own desk. O well, its out of my hands, now I have to be patient and wait for it to be fixed.
![]() | ||||||
The rest of the week wasn't too bad, its been snowing EVERYDAY and has made walking around campus rather difficult, basically making it a ice rink. I got to talk to my best friend for 20 minutes on Tuesday for the first time since December!! :) Today I got to teach a class with disabilities, some of the students were deaf. The skill for that day was jumping and landing. How to jump loudly, quietly, and for distance. It was wayyy fun and it wasn't that bad, I got all nervous for nothing. Something that is important to realize is that just because a child has a disability, whether its blindness, or they are in a wheelchair doesn't mean you treat them differently. They are still just as talented and like everyone else, it might just take more time and practice to learn a skill, but they can still do it. I am continuing to LOVE my classes and my professors. I love college. I love teaching. I love learning. I love the gospel. I love making new friends. I love being challenged and overcoming those challenges. I love feeling accomplished.


No comments:
Post a Comment