I have been spoiled this year for Thanksgiving! The weekend before, I went down to Salt Lake for the weekend because the Weldon side of the Family always has Thanksgiving the weekend before the actual holiday. I stayed with my cousin Traci and her wonderful little family! We went to the Grizzly hockey game on Friday night...we got creamed....hockey really isn't a good sport for Utah.
 |
| Rihannon, Traci and I |
 |
| She loved the cotton candy! |
Saturday we all met at the church in Murray by Aunt Colleens house. It was wonderful like always to see all the family. Everyone was there except my family (obviously) Uncle Bernie (Idaho) and Uncle Tom (just moved to Louisiana.) Being able to see my family more then once a year is a big plus going to school in Utah. After feasting, we played the usual various card games like at every family party then ended up going into the gym and playing basketball/dodge ball. We always find fun things to do! I joined the family and went to the Paswaters Thanksgiving Sunday afternoon after church. Two Thanksgiving dinners in a row....can't really complain.
 |
| I taught Dylan how to braid! |
 |
| I curled my hair on Sunday, and Rihannon walked in and said "Can I be like you?" So she got curly hair too :) |
 |
| Drew and Rihannon! |
 |
| Dylan and I :) |
 |
| Cute Quad! |
I had to go back to school because I had a human physiology test to take on Tuesday before I made my way up to Idaho to see Uncle Bernie, Aunt Jenny and the girls! This years drive was MUCH better than last year. Last year we got snowed in and it took about 12-13 hours to drive to Weiser. This year, there wasn't an inch of snow and it only took us about 5.5 hours. Wednesday we honestly just cooked pies, made stuffing and some cheese dips all day. Aunt Jenny really wanted to try making a homemade crust. We used a recipe from one of her books.... it turned out terrible. After we baked it, we decided to try some....it basically turned to powder in our mouths. It was rather hilarious but frustrating! We have come to realize that pie crusts is not a skill that we will master anytime soon. We were still able to make about 10 successful pies.
 |
| Aunt Ryn, Aunt Becca, Aunt Jessi (with her black eye from football), Aunt Jenny and Grandma Albert |
Aunt Jenny loves to run, which I think is just fabulous. We decided to do the 5K Turkey Trot in Ontario Thanksgiving morning with Aunt Jessi and Nicole. The weather was perfect! I came in second by only three seconds and Aunt Jenny ran it in 31 minutes! We got some col shirts and treats, which is always a plus. Aunt Jenny and I really want to get a shirt that says on the back "We run for the shirt."
We usually have Thanksgiving at Uncle Bernie's in Weiser but this year we decided to go to Uncle Lance and Aunt Becca's house in Vale.
 |
| Cooper and Cole :) |
 |
| Titan helping Jackie feed little Cora |


Friday was a very special day. It was the day they family went and did Sloane's Temple work. Since the Boise Temple was closed they had to make the 3 hour trip to Idaho Falls. I wished so badly I could have gone. But I was able to stay at home with the kids which is always entertaining :) When everyone got back from the Temple, it was really nice that Aunt Jenny took me away from the chaos of the kids and talked with me about the experience and some other personal things. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful family who is strong in the gospel and has a unbreakable testimony. This has been a long, difficult four months for my family and I couldn't get through it without them. It was nice to be able to talk to her about everything and to see how she is dealing with it. I came back feeling more at peace and with a little different perspective on everything. This was the first holiday with out Sloane, and I am so grateful I was able to be there and spend so much time with my family. We needed each other. I think about her everyday and miss her terribly, but to truly know where she is and how happy she is, to know and have a testimony of the Plan of Salvation, is the greatest comfort. I am so grateful to have Camille and Bently always making me laugh and giving me the hugs I love so much.

I enjoyed reading this. I am very happy that you had a great Thanksgiving, even though you were far from home. Love you!
ReplyDelete