Sunday, July 22, 2012

21 Years

I can't believe I am 21!!  I did so many fun things I don't even know where to begin!  Well, since my birthday was on a Sunday this year, we decided to go out on Saturday.  I was so excited because all of my closest girlfriends from home were able to spend my birthday with me.  We decided to go to the Cheesecake Factory to eat dinner.  It is located right under the John Handcock Building and is absolutely divine!!  The menus are over 15 pages long and it has so many different options of cheesecake I felt overwhelmed.  We were also able to do some window shopping while we waited, which is always fun when you find some pretty interesting (and questionable) things ;)  

Emily, Amy, Me and Mary with the Cheesecake Factory behind us :)
My parents totally spoiled me!  They bought my friends and I tickets to go to the Second City Comedy Club in Chicago.  After dinner we made our way to the show.  It is very well known and has been around for over 50 years.  It has produced many famous comedians, for example, Tina Fey, John Belushi, Mike Meyers and Steve Carell all started out there.  I was a little nervous to go because I have never heard of it before and I was just taking my dads word that it was fun.  Boy did I laugh till I cried!  It was soooo entertaining and lasted for 3 hours!!  I am so grateful to live so close to such a beautiful and wonderful city that I can visit anytime I want.  We took so manny pictures, I couldn't put all of them up and instead made some collages of my weekend :)     

  
On Sunday we woke up to the delicious smell of homemade cinnamon rolls!  My mom seriously makes the best!!  Later, we went to church were my sweet nursery kids sang me Happy Birthday and gave me a card.  I love those kids so much, I have been able to get to know all 15 of them very well.  It is sad to think I will be leaving them in a few weeks!  When we got home my dad had made a wonderful birthday dinner: steak, salad and garlic pizza bread.  Kinda a random combination but it is to die for.  My grandparents and Aunt Mary-Ellen were able to come over for dessert and we also celebrated Anthony's 18th birthday as well.   
I love this picture.  Probably because we didn't plan it.  My dad just caught the perfect moment right when we were going to blow out our candles and I just love our facial expressions!  
21 and 18

No comments:

Post a Comment