Lets reflect. What do I say about 2013? I guess I could say it hasn't been the best year for me, as well as my family. Looking back, I see a lot of heart break and trails that I never saw coming. I guess you don't usually see a trial coming. Hence, the reason why they can be so difficult. I believe in the saying "when it rains it pours," in both good and bad ways. There were times where I felt like nothing was going right and everything that could go wrong, did. There were days where it took everything I had just to get out of bed. I felt so overwhelmed, scared and my heart truly hurt. My goal at times, was to simply just get through the day with a smile on my face. At the same time, my heart has been filled with joy, gratitude, peace and some pretty good memories. Slowly but surely things have gotten better and some things are still a work in progress. I am overwhelmed with all the blessings God has given me, the people I have met and the life changing opportunities I have been given. It has taken me a while to be able to say this, but I am grateful for the trials I have been dealt. I wouldn't trade any of them. These trials have only strengthened my testimony of my Saviors love for me. He gives us hard things to make us better. He lets us hit the lowest of lows, so we can learn from them and then reach the highest of highs, by turning to him for strength and guidance to get there. I am grateful to have the Temple near me to act as my safe haven from the world. I am grateful for the atonement and the miracle of forgiveness. I have learned life long lessons and have learned so much about my own perseverance and strength. I have come to find that I am never alone, that I can always get down on my knees and pray to my Heavenly Father. It is interesting how life works. Trials can really influence people for the good. They can give people the opportunity to serve others. People who might not normally pray, turn to God and form a relationship with him. Happiness is a choice. So much good can come from some not-so-good situations if you are willing to put forth the effort to be happy. Also, I found it is important to remember that someone always has it worse. So, take every opportunity to help someone. You will be amazed on the impact it will not only have for that person, but the impact it will have on you as well. Choose to be happy and have faith in the plan God has for you. It will make life a whole lot easier to get through.

No comments:
Post a Comment