Monday, May 5, 2014

College Graduate

Well, it's really official now.  I am a college graduate!  This weekend was beyond wonderful.  The weather was perfect, my parents flew out for the weekend, they were able to meet some important people in my life and my whole family was able to get together and celebrate.      
My parents got to meet Braden this weekend!  I was so stoked because honestly, my parents rock.  The little time we did have together was great and I think they even kinda like him....  
I would be no where without these two fine looking people.  Looking at some people in my life and seeing the struggle some have with their parents, I am lucky to say that my parents are my best friends.  I would do anything for them.  It brings tears to my eyes and is impossible to find the right words to describe the love I have for them.  Everyday I miss them and it will be hard to spend the summer apart but I am so grateful for everything they have taught me and the wonderful example they have been in my life.    
It is crazy to me to think back to five years ago when all five of us met in our first college class, not knowing a single soul and had no idea what we were doing.  Now, years later, I have gained friendships that will hopefully last through the years to come and a load of great memories.    
Traci has been a huge comfort to me since I moved so far away from home to come to school.  She has been there for every heart break, happy celebrations and was always there when I just needed someone to listen.  Plus, she is really good at crafts and my goal one day is to learn a thing or two from her!   
Since Aunt Sybil can't travel very far, we had our own little celebration with her after I picked up my parents from the airport.  50 years ago that day, her and Uncle Clay adopted my mom and took care of her for a number of years until my grandpa married my wonderful grandma (on the left) and was able to care for my mom.  Aunt Sybil is the perfect example of service and Christ like love.   I am so grateful to have her in my life, and the sacrifices she made to help my family.  Also, she is just a riot and I never get sick of visiting with her.  She even wears her sunglasses inside, just because.  Gotta love her!    

No comments:

Post a Comment