So every year, my friends Jessi and Sarah run the Susan G. Koman race in May. This year, since I am staying in Utah for the first time, I was able to do it with them. I absolutely loved it. I could run a race every weekend if I had the money for it. There is just something about it that pushes me. Braden isn't a big runner. Actually, he doesn't run at all but he ran this race with us. I don't think he realized how much that meant to me, and I am so proud of him for running the whole thing. Being at the race gave me the goosebumps. There were so many people there, it took a good 30 minutes before every one had crossed the starting line. To some, it might just be another race. To me, it hits home. I have seen my mom suffer through cancer, and continue to fight it. It touched my heart to think that everyone that showed up for the race has been affected by Cancer in some way, or was even just doing it to raise money for a wonderful cause. Maybe that's why I love running these races. I have someone so close to me that I cherish fighting this nasty disease. She is what drives me. She is what makes me cry out in thankful prayer that I am healthy and can do things like these races, in honor or in memory of someone who can't. Later in the week, I came across a video that really got to me. I thought it was really important to share. It is about a man who photographed his wife's fight through cancer. Most of the time, you only read posts or stories about the good news, post only the good pictures, show only the happy times. I am guilty of it. Maybe because showing what it is really like, would just be too hard. It would show everyone the daily heart ache that I have to work on every day to over come. I admire this mans wife for having the courage to be photographed and show the world the real, personal, raw, painful moments of cancer.
Braden, Jessi, Sarah and I
We spent the weekend with the Scott family in their new apartment. Loved being able to spend time with them!! I miss just being able to drive three minutes down the road to see this little stud. Also, we got spoiled and Jessi cooked us a delicious dinner! If you know Jessi, her cooking is usually a hit or a miss, so I was pretty impressed ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment