Lately I have thought a lot about who I am and what I stand for. Growing up I have always felt like I was different from everyone else because of my faith. It was hard, feeling made fun of and singled out when you didn't want to participate in certain things that everyone else was doing. I am so glad I found a good group of friends that didn't care and respected me for my choices. Those are the friendships that are worth it. In college it is no different. I have realized that I am proud of the person I have become. I stand up for myself, what I believe in and what I know is right no matter the consequences. I have learned that people will love you for being YOU. It doesn't matter what religion, race, or age. You shouldn't let others opinions about things effect who you are and what you believe in. Being yourself and not worrying about what others think will get you way farther in life. I have made so many amazing friendships here at Utah State that I wouldn't trade for the world. They are what get me through the tough times and the ones who are right there next to me celebrating the good ones. When I was young my mom gave me this poster that I have kept with me my whole life. I thought I should share it, this was a constant reminder for me to be who I am and love it.
![]() |
| "Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful" |

LOVE this!!
ReplyDelete