On Saturday I went on my first blind date. We went with two other couples (who I am really good friends with) Jessi and Zach, Mitch and Anna, and Jordan and I. Jordan is really good friends with Mitch and they went to Peru together and stuff. We decided to make dinner so we each took a part of the meal and split up to go shopping, then meet back up at the boys apartment to cook everything. Zach and Jess had the main dish, Mitch and Anna had the dessert and we had the sides! We divided to make a potato and vegetable side. We also couldn't resist getting some olive oil and balsamic vinegar to dip toasted bread in. If you have never tried it... GO GET SOME. It is sooo good when you take a piece of toasted bread, cut a slice of tomato and mozzarella cheese to put on it, sprinkle some garlic salt on it, then put it in the oven for a few minutes and BOOM you got yourself a delicious appetizer. We got some potatoes, cut them up and took french onion soup mix and sprinkled it over the potatoes then put them in the oven for 45 minutes, then cooked the green beans and made this lemon zest sauce to pour over them. Jessi and Zach made this yummy chicken and vegetable stir fry type thing with rice, and for dessert Anna smashed up Oreo to make a pie crust then filled it with mint chocolate chip ice cream with homemade whip cream on top! Dinner was pretty amazing, so SO good, I didn't really do much to be honest. Jordan use to work for catering for USU so he used his cooking skills to teach me a few things. Afterwords we went to the haunted corn maze right by where USU plays hockey. Jordan got pulled over got going 40 in a 25 coming out of Green Canyon. The cop didn't even care. He said he was just looking for drunk drivers and let us go, so he lucked out. The corn maze wasn't that scary actually, the only part I hated were the clowns. I guess one was following us and would walk right beside me and start breathing on my shoulder. So creepy, but we beat Mitch and Anna to the end. They were making a big deal about getting out first because they are both engineers, But Jordan, Jessi, Zach and I all got out 22 minutes before Mitch and Anna so it was fun to give them a hard time about that. Overall it was a great night, you cant really go wrong when you have good food.



No comments:
Post a Comment