Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Much Needed Break

 Fall break finally came!  I was one of the lucky ones and didn't have class Thursday or Friday.  So Wednesday I went out country swing dancing again.  We basically go every Monday or Wednesday.  I just cant get enough.  Wednesday was the best because we learned some cool flips.  I'm not a professional....but I can say that I am improving :)  Thursday I hung out with Jessi and "worked out"  then we got a group together to carve pumpkins.  Thanks to Jessi we got to eat some homemade pumpkin rolls and brought pumpkin eggnog!  Its finally that time of year again for some good eggnog :)   

After, I went out to dinner with Brian to a restaurant called Element.  It was a veryyy fancy restaurant, but boy it was GOOD, I was spoiled.  We watched the movie Real Steel, which was actually a pretty funny movie.  Friday I did some homework, went for a walk and showed him some awesome trails.  The leaves are beautiful, it's the perfect time of year to spend as much time as possible outside, not too hot not too cold. 
Saturday was the best!  Rees, Russel and I all went to Brians house in Grace, Idaho to do some four wheeling with his brother and best friend.  Grace is such a cute little town!  He wasn't kidding when they said it was basically a couple streets and that's it.  They took us up some of their favorite trails.  Once we got to the top, the view was amazing.  You could see both Grace and Soda on each side.  We were blessed with perfect weather and couldn't ask for anything better.  It was funny to see Russel drive a four wheeler, it was his first time and he almost rolled it a couple of times.  Poor Rees, I think he had a mini heart attack every couple minutes.  Brian let me drive a little bit, I'm not very good so I'm glad he has some patience.  We were out all afternoon and went back to the house and decided to go explore the caves.  I have never been in a cave except when I was younger and hiked to Timpanogos.  It was dark and cold.  What else do you really except from a cave?  Well I guess it is a "ice cave."  It was about a mile deep, but we only went about half way before we turned around.  We went back and made some pizza and watched the first half of the Wisconsin football game before heading back to Logan.  When we arrived back home we invited the neighbors over for a game night and played Boxers or Briefs.  If you haven't played that game, it is kind of like Apples to Apples....but better.  So overall this long weekend was absolutely wonderful!  Not looking forward to school tomorrow....
Russel and Rees getting ready
Beautiful.
Some of the group, it was a little windy :)
Brian and I at the top of the mountain
Entrance to the cave
I could look at these views allll day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment