So I have spent most of my days in the library doing homework and studying for exams that all seem to fall around the same time. Today, I was at the library in my usual spot, thinking I had all the time I wanted to do homework. I had a double date later in the night but I wasn't worried about it. Then at 5:40 a lady came on the intercom and announced that the library was closing in twenty minutes. I was shocked. I thought it was so weird it wasn't open till the usual midnight. Yes, there are people out there like me who will be at the library on a Friday or Saturday night if I have to. Anyhow, long story short I was kicked out sooner then I had planned. That just meant I could start my night that we had planned sooner. Turned out the couple we had the date planned with ending up bailing because Daria wasn't feeling well. Brian came up with the best idea. He took me to Hobby Lobby and we searched for some kind of "kit" we could put together, like airplanes or something. We ended up buying a "excavation" kit along with some paint. From the looks of the box, it looked like a little pile of plaster with bones sticking out here and there and we had to chip away and dig out all the bones, then put them together. To make it a little more fun we got paint to paint the bones before we put it all together. Once we opened the box and read the directions, we realized we got a little more then we bargained for.....
 |
| We got a legit BRICK of plaster, along with a flimsy knife and a paintbrush to wipe off the dust. There were no bones partially showing or anything. We about died laughing when the directions said "this kit requires patience and may take hours or even days to complete." hahaahha so much for a fun and "simple" activity. So I put Brian to work! |
 |
| I am glad he bought some of his favorite treats to keep us going! |
 |
| After about 20 minutes we finally made some progress! (Note the skull in the corner) We even had some epic music playing in the background to make it more exciting. We were constantly laughing. |
 |
| After an hour we were still hacking along! (At this point we were getting hand cramps, it was way harder then it looked! Specially with plastic-type utensils. We were tempted but refused to cheat and get a legit knife or to use water to loosen up the plaster because real excavators cant do that :) ) |
 |
| Three and a half hours later we finally found everything! |
 |
| After washing off the bones, we split them up and painted them. Can you tell who painted what?? |
 |
| The finished product :) |
I had such a fun night doing this. I felt like a kid again and it was nice to do something totally out of the usual :)
No comments:
Post a Comment