Tuesday, August 21, 2012

History

I was able to do something very cool with my mom, Aunt Colleen and cousin Traci.  My Aunt is making a shadow box for each of her parents.  My mom had the wedding dress from their birth mother and decided to take it out to Utah with us so Colleen could look at it and maybe use part of it for her box.  My Grandma passed away only a few weeks after giving birth to my mother so the dress, and some other keep sakes are really special.  It kind of gives my mom and I an idea of what her birth mother was like.  My Grandpa remarried a few years later to a wonderful Swiss lady (Grandma Weldon) who is still with us today and I love her dearly!  So us ladies decided to get together and look through some of her jewelry, shoes and other things that belonged to her.  What a fun experience for us!  Since Colleen was much older, she has some good memories of her.  It was really cool because she has some necklaces and earrings grandma wore and some pictures of her wearing them.  It is so cool to see the old pictures and hold the exact jewelry she was wearing in it in my hand.  They also got me to try on her wedding dress.  Now that was awesome.  I had only seen the pictures that were always hung in the living room but now I got to try on the actual dress.  I loved it! 
Her prom shoes and wedding certificate. She won "Ward Queen."  They were later sealed in the Temple. 
Her wedding dress and Prom shoes.
This was their wedding picture, along with a picture of them when they were dating I believe.  I felt so special being able to try on her dress. 
My mom and I.  The dress is beautiful and I loved being able to look through her things and learn about her.  I cant wait to see how shadow box looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment