Monday, August 20, 2012

Road Trip! Literally..

Well I am way behind!  It is because I haven't had internet for a while and have been super, super busy!  It would probably take me hours if I tried to write about everything I have done in the last two weeks, so I will just post some pictures with short blurbs:)  It will still probably be a long post.....so brace yourself!  My mom and I packed up the Rav 4 and began driving to Utah at 5:00 A.M on August 12th.  We drove for 16 hours straight, going through Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska and Wyoming in one day.  We made it all the way to Cheyenne!  We got there around 9:30 in the evening and pretty much passed out and then left around 10 the next morning, arriving to Utah around dinner time on the 13th.  I have to say, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  Wyoming was death though.  Probably the most boring, ugly state I have ever driven through.  I mean, it was exciting when you passed road kill that's how bad it was.  It meant there was some form of life out there.  Thank goodness for my Ipod!  I am so grateful my car made it with no issues and the weather was perfect!  Due to work and vacation time, Anthony and Dad flew into Salt Lake later that week.  
 Tuesday we went to Thanksgiving Point with Traci and the kids.  We were able to walk around and look at the beautiful gardens.  There were also tons of things to do for the kids!!  I loved seeing their smiles and how excited they would get when they saw the sand box or a huge hill they could roll down.  
Abby and I with our matching shades.
Mom and I
Traci and her kiddos!
My sweet girls- Abby and Rhiannon
Wednesday we were able to go see Tristyn!  It was SO good to see her.  It was heartbreaking hearing the terrible news a few weeks earlier and being so far away.  She is now out of the hospital and in rehab for a while until her wound starts to heal.  I admire her for having such a positive attitude with everything.  I loved watching Abby's face light up when we took her to visit her mom :)  I cant imagine being so young and not understanding what is going on, but  that is why she has us!  We also stopped and paid a little visit to Aunt Sybil.  Man I love that woman.  She is in her 90s and still rockin'. 
Tristyn, Abby and Tia
Thursday we met up with the Wilsons for lunch in Provo.  We soon came to realized that we both had plans to go to the Bee's game the following Monday AND our seats were only rows apart.  What a coincidence!! We really looked forward to seeing them again.  Afterwards we headed to Price to see the Griffeth Family.  I loved being able to relax and spend time with the kids, and Tanya is having another baby!!  She had her appointment to determine the sex that day so we were really anxious.  She is having her fourth boy :)  We are all so so excited for them and I am excited to be able to be close when he is born.  
Saturday and Sunday was our family reunion.  The first day we all got together at Grandma's house and had dinner, swimming and played some serious kick ball.  
Colton and Akira cheering us on.
We also have a tradition of game night....
We got Dustin in a picture!! SUCCESS :)
We take this game very seriously.
Sunday we got one of Grandpa's favorite spots up the canyon and spent the day cooking and playing cards, while the kids got dirty from head to toe.  We also had family from Kansas come up, what a treat! 
Mary-Ann, Tia, Ant, Levi and I
Camille and Bently
Showing off their caterpillar.
All the kids had dirt everywhere!
I love my family so much.
Monday was Bee's game and bowling!  Thank you aunt Teresa for giving us the tickets.  We loved being able to spend extra time with the Wilsons.  The stadium is sooo small, it makes Milwaukee and Chicago look HUGE.  We did terrible but it was a beautiful night for baseball!  
  Later that night we went bowling till about midnight.  We had no idea Tia had such fantastic bowling skills...
This week the girls had their first dance recital!  They wanted to be twins, so they each had to have a "princess bun."  
Their faces are priceless!
They insisted on sharing a chair.
 Well this was most of our vacation!  There are a few other things but I will write about them later once I get some pictures :) I cannot believe school is starting soon and that I actually drove out here and have a car. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment