I am officially employed with the Logan City School District! We have had training all week and I am so glad it is over. Training isn't all that fun. I applied for a job for the After School Clubs (ASC) in the district. I have been assigned to Ellis Elementary and I am in charge of the1st graders! I was SO happy. There has been talk that I might be going to Woodruff Elementary and be a Kindergarten Leader, so we will see what happens. Basically, I hold an hour for homework study, where I help the students with their math and reading. Then there is some time for snack, forty-five minutes for a club of their choice and some recreation time. We each get partnered with another leader and have to plan a club that lasts for two weeks every month. So at the beginning of each week, the kids can choose from about five different clubs and can sign up for the one that they would like to participate in for the week. We also have fun Fridays and have to plan a guest speaker along with a field trip every month for the kids. Each month we have a theme to base our clubs/activities around. This month it is "Explorers" so I am excited to get together with my co-workers and put together some good ideas for our club that the students will hopefully love. I am so blessed to be able to get such a wonderful job that fits my schedule. I am so busy this semester with the teaching program, I have class from 8-12 then observation in the Middle School during lunch, then working in the ASC till about 6. I am one busy but very happy girl :)


No comments:
Post a Comment