Saturday, March 2, 2013

Cancer, You Are NOT Welcome Here!

On Feburary 22, 2013 we found out that my moms cancer has returned for another fight.  It is a different kind than before.  The test results show that this time it is Ductal Invasive Carcinoma.  She has been in remission for about 11 years now.  I don't really know how to put into words how I am feeling.  This brings back a lot of raw emotions and terrible memories from before.  I was only 10 and Anthony was 7 when she was first diagnosed.  Back then, all I really understood was that my mom was really really sick all the time, had a lot of doctor appointments and had to stay in her room and rest.  I remember her trying to explain to Anthony and I why she lost her hair and that I was too scared to tell her that her wig terrified me.  Now at the age of 21, my heart aches for my mom.  I don't want her to have to go through all that pain and sickness again.  I am  glad I am old enough now that I can be by her side through everything.  She is one strong woman and we are ready to fight this nasty cancer together as a family.  We got rid of it once before and we will do it again.  She will most likely be getting a double mastectomy and her ovaries will be removed as well to run further tests and determine how far it has spread in her body.  She will meet with her team of surgeons next week and get started.  It is a comfort for me to know she found a hospital and surgeons that she is comfortable with.  I love my mom so much and I admire her for her strength and perseverance.  Honestly, I am scared but I know my Heavenly Father is aware of  our trials and if we put our faith in the Lord and trust in him, everything will be fine.  I have never felt so close to the Lord as I do now begging him that we will win this fight.  I might not see the big picture now but I know that something good must come from this eventually, otherwise trials in life would be unbearable.

"Just when all seems to be going right, challenges often come in multiple doses applied simultaneously.   When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience,  they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more.  He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit."  -Richard G. Scott



No comments:

Post a Comment