Monday, March 4, 2013

Snowshoeing Bliss

So us girls decided it was time for a weekend away.  We drove back up to Bear Lake and stayed at Sarah's timeshare.  We were able to rent showshoes for the entire weekend for only 4$ from the ORC!  It was fantastic.  I couldn't of asked for a more beautiful Saturday.  We were the first people on the trail, so the untouched snow all the way to the top of the mountain gave is a gorgeous view to look at while we hiked.  I am so grateful that God gave us such a beautiful world to live in.  The view at the top was breath taking and worth every drop of sweat, and patch of sunburn we got. This has seriously become my new hobby.  The rest of the weekend was full of relaxing in the hot tub, making food, watching movies and playing games.         
Okay, this is a funny story.  Because of what we did in the picture above, Sarah spiked me and gave  me a good gash on my knee.  It was the start of our hike so there was no way we were going back to get a first aid.  So we used our resources:  a tampon, sock and a elastic head band. Problem solved.
I am so blessed to have such amazing friends in my life, they can always put a smile on my face.  This weekend was much needed and I am not ready to start another week.  At least spring break is right around the corner.  I am stuck in Logan because of work and most of my roommates/friends will be in nice warm weather by a beach or working 50 hours (cough cough Sarah) so I have to start making a list of things for me to do to keep myself busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment