I don't think there has ever been a fireside that has touched me as much as this one did. Every word Elder Bednar said touched my heart as I made a personal connection to it. I felt like he was speaking directly to me. It blows my mind the timing of it all. This fireside was a answer to my prayers and has given me that comfort, it has given me that peace to my soul that I have been asking for. When I watched this for the first time I had to walk away. It got too emotional for me because it really, really hit home. The feelings that John and Heather talked about were very close to the feelings I have now and have had in the past. I am so grateful I took the time today while I was alone to watch this and really take it all in. Do I have the faith to submit fully to the Lords will? It really made me think when he talked about that we have enough faith to be healed but do we have enough faith not to be healed and let the Lords will be done? I can honestly say I struggle with that. I want one certain outcome so badly. I need to overcome my fears, put all my trust in the Lord and let his will be done whether it is what I want or not. I need to build up enough courage, live each day with a positive attitude, know that the Lord is mindful of me and not let my fears overcome my faith and bring me down into darkness. I will never grow spiritually that way. I feel the same heart ache as I did the first time we went through Cancer and when we lost Sloane. I know that the Lord loves me and will heal my heart just like he has done numerous times in the past.
If you haven’t gotten the chance to watch this, please click here and take time to do so. I hope it can touch your heart and have the same impact on you as it had on me no matter what trials you are facing in life.
"Not shrinking is more important than surviving"
No comments:
Post a Comment