Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Potato Harvest

I guess the correct term is "spud harvest."  I must say, I have learned a lot of new things about farm life while dating Braden!  Spud harvest is a time when all the potato farmers work for like three weeks straight from nice and early in the morning until you go to bed collecting all the potatoes from the fields. They even get time off of school so they can work.  We were only there for one day, and it wasn't too bad.  Standing on my feet all day just picking out bad potatoes is not my cup of tea I must say. At the end of the day my feet and lower back were a little sore. Although, when I was with Braden it was much more fun ;)  Well, we were actually together all day so I got to get away and do some other random things with him so it wasn't bad! 
You have to love this woman.  Braden's mom (on the left) doesn't care what anyone thinks! She just does her own thing.  Gotta love the curlers and her choice of attire to work in that day!  
I got to drive a tractor, Anthony would be proud!  
The cool thing was, some of the equipment was made in Racine, Wisconsin, which is our next door neighbor back home!  Small world.  These next few picture are for my dad, because I know he would love to see how they do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment