With this weekend being Easter Sunday, I have studied a lot about the Atonement this week, trying to find ways to use it more in my life. I didn't realize how it impacts so many other parts of my life, not only when I have sinned. The Atonement has changed my behavior, it has helped me forgive ones that have hurt me in ways I never thought I could let go. The Atonement has helped me gain humility as I have asked to be forgiven of things I have done wrong. It has filled my my heart with hope and healing during times of immense pain, sadness and fear. It has helped me realize that Christ truly knows me. He bled from every pore for me. For my sins. Can we ever comprehend that type of love and sacrifice? The Atonement is meant to not only cleanse us but transform us to be the best we can be. It has brought peace into my life and has made me realize that Christ will forgive me again and again and again. I am far from perfect and I make mistakes every single day. I just need to make sure I am always making an honest effort to turn to him for help to stay on the straight and narrow path. I have realized it's a "continuous Atonement," not just something we use once in a while.
Click HERE to watch a simple, yet very touching clip on the Resurrection.
because he lives
i will live again
because of him
death has no sting
the grave no victory
we can start again and again
because of him
guilt becomes peace
regret becomes relief
despair becomes hope
because of him
we have second chances
clean slates
new beginnings
there is no such thing
as the end
because of him
No comments:
Post a Comment