Thursday, July 10, 2014

Quick Trip Home

For the 4th of July, Braden and I flew home for the week.  This is one of my favorite holidays besides Thanksgiving.  So, I was super excited to be able to go back home for it.  We were able to spend some time with my girls!  I am so happy Braden was able to meet some of my best friends.  Wish we didn't live so far away!!  We went to Em and I's favorite place in Antioch, Mexican Paradise.  I was a little nervous we would have bad weather all week because the weather was kinda cold and rainy when we flew in.  But it ended up being the best weather all week.  Nice and sunny in the 70s with little humidity, which never happens!!  Like i have said before, I feel like you can learn a lot about a person when you see where they grew up, so I was so excited to take Braden home with me.    
Braden, Mary, Chris, Em, Pat and I
My parents took the day off of work and we took the double decker bus tour in Chicago and got off at all of our favorite places.    
Buckingham Fountain
The Water Tower- this along with a few other buildings were the only ones left in the entire city after the great Chicago fire.  
The Hershey store!! You can never have enough chocolate!  
We stopped and visited my family at the Anichini Brothers.
Can you tell we have fun together?
The Bean at Millennium Park.  One thing I noticed is that it was really dirty.  I wonder how long it takes to Windex that thing!  
Stopping at Damatos was a must.  I always get their tomato bread!  It is a cute little Italian store that still has the antique touch to it, which I love.    
This was my favorite part of the day!  My mom bought Braden and I tickets for the speedboats.  We got to ride out on the lake and look at the beautiful skyline.  I loved it so much, Chicago is such a beautiful city!
We did many things to celebrate Americas Independence Day!  We started out the morning at the Run for Freedom in Antioch and advertised for the Neon Vibe.  Afterwards, we watched the parade and went out to breakfast for Ants birthday.   In the afternoon, we went over to Grandma Chis's house and went swimming and had homemade ice cream.  I love my little man Titus.  Although Ruthie isnt sure how she feels about Braden quite yet, she will eventually warm up :) 
The Taylor family from church came to watch the fire works with us!  We went to them in Antioch and have come to the conclusion we aren't the fan of the music they play in the back ground.  I think they are trying to be more patriotic.. but to me it was just bad oldies music.    
Happy 4th!!!
Anthony took us shooting with a friend from his work to a private shooting range in Racine.  We had SO many guns.  I don't even know everything we had, I just knew there was a lot.  I had so much fun spending time with Anthony and doing something we both love.    
Poor Braden scoped himself with Becca's gun.   Now he will have a nice little scar to remember that moment!   
Here are most of the guns we were able to shoot with.  I just love my dad.  He has never been a fan of guns and probably has only shot one once or twice in his lifetime so it was so fun to watch him shoot and actually enjoy it!  
On Sunday, Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Mary Ellen came over and we celebrated this boys 20th birthday since we were all scattered on the 4th.  I am so proud of him and everything he has accomplished since he graduated.  Anthony is such a hard worker and and has the biggest heart.  He will do anything for his friends and family.  I wish he wasn't so far away, I sure do love him and that beard!!
I seriously cannot get enough of this guy.  I love him so much and I am so grateful for everyday that he has been in my life.  
Later that night, Amy and Matt came to see us!  We tried to fix that paddle boat, but that might be a lost cause.  I need to brain storm some new ideas because I refuse to let my parents get rid if it.  It was a blast catching up with them.  I sure do miss Amy.  She is such a joy to be around and I have learned to much from our friendship.  I am so glad she found Matt and has been able to be with someone who treats her like a queen.    
For the rest of the week, we spent a day at Six Flags and at Gurnee Mills. The lines at Six Flags weren't that bad, so we were able to get on a lot of roller coasters.  I am so glad Braden got to experience that because now he can understand why I bash Logoon so bad.  I must say, I loveeee that my man likes roller coasters!  That might have been a deal breaker if he didn't ;)   Leaving home is always hard for me.  Sometimes I feel like I live two different life's and I wish I could mesh them into one big awesome life.  I just have so much love for my family and friends back home.  They have all made me who I am today and have been there for me throughout many trials in my life.  I am so grateful to have such a wonderful place to call home.  I am grateful to have so many amazing people and places to miss.       

No comments:

Post a Comment