Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bear Lake: Snowmobiling

Talk about a FUN weekend!  I have only been snowmobiling a few times with Steve and his family, this weekend made me think of them a lot and how much I miss them!  But that was in Wisconsin where all we have is fields lol Utah is a whole new story.  My friend Jessi that I met through track said she was taking a bunch of friends to her house this weekend to go snowmobiling at her house and asked if I wanted to join.  How can you pass up that offer?  So we Friday night and ended up playing Just Dance and making nachos all night.  We woke up early and had homemade pancakes with homemade syrup and jam :) it was soooo good.  After breakfast we got ready and headed outside.  They had six snowmobiles and we had about 10 people so most of us doubled up.  We went up some steep mountains and there was a part the was basically a cliff on either side of us and some there was the mountain on your left side then the edge on your right and if you didn't lean the right way you would fall to your death lol it was so great.  We rolled and got stuck a couple times but it all worked out.  Jessi and Will slipped on our way up and did a 180 and got stuck in between a tree and the snowmobile on top of them.  Luckily Will had huge muscles and was able to keep it from crushing them.  We dug them out and just kept going! The cool thing was that is was a little cold at Jessi's house but once you got up in the mountains it was SO warm.  We ended up taking off all our coats and stuff and just snowmobiling in our regular shirts and snow pants.  It was so beautiful up there and you could just look out over the valley.  It was gorgeous.  Pictures don't do justice.  I even got a nice sunburn/windburn on my face.  Jessi's cousin taught me a few tricks that were really fun and her dad would take us to the top of the mountain and we would sled down. They reached up to 45 mph on that hill, going down on a regular sled, it was nuts.  It was much easier going back down then up, that's for sure.  When Trevor and I were heading back our breaks went out.  We were going down this super steep part and luckily we were second to last in the line so we were kind of worried we would ram into the people in front of us but we really couldn't do anything and finally stopped when we went into a ditch.  So that took a couple min to fix that.  When we got back to the house it was dinner time and her mom made us THREE different kinds of homemade soup and big rolls to make bread bowls with.  It was delicious.  I went home that night with the boys,  they are all engineers and they are madly in love with Taylor Swift.   I have to say they made the ride back pretty entertaining while trying to sing a long with her.  It was a awesomely fun quick trip and I was able to make a lot of great new friends :)      

Just Dance- SO fun
Its a good workout
The girls getting ready to go out!
Jessi, Me, Becky and Chanea
Yes, it was love at first sight
Chanae, Becky, Mitch and Will taking a break
I LOVE JESSI :)
The whole group :)
Try and keep track of us as we go up.




No comments:

Post a Comment