Monday, January 17, 2011

Dumpster Diving

 

So every week all of the roommates get together and pick out chores that they have to do for the week.  This week I was in charge of taking out the garbage.  So the other night Sam and I were getting ready to eat and I was like "Hey I want to take out this trash real quick and then we can go eat."  So I opened the dumpster and threw the bag over.  I began to walk away when I realized that my keys went with it! I was in total shock, I just did one of the DUMBEST things ever.  My keys are on a lanyard and I had them in the same hand I was carrying the bag with so they went in the dumpster with the bag.  So there I was panicking because there was over $100 worth of keys on that lanyard.  There was only one thing left to do- go dumpster diving.  You have to know that it was dark by this time and it was raining so that didn't make things any easier!  I yelled at Sam to get a flashlight while I ran to get our yellow gloves we do dishes with and my boots. (There was NO way in heck I was going to dig through trash with my bare hands and nice shoes lol) But I soon realized that I have the BEST RA and by the time I got back he had already jumped into the dumpster and got it for me! So he saved me from having to go in that nasty thing myself. Thanks Rene!

Lesson learned:  Keep your keys in your pocket


No comments:

Post a Comment