Saturday, July 30, 2011

20 Years

Wow, I have a lot to catch up on- I'm three weeks behind!  Life has been crazy busy.  I will just start off with the week of my birthday.  Earlier in the week my mom and I went shopping which is always an adventure with us, then we went out to Luigi's and both got enough food to last us a week.  Gotta love Italian places! :)  Wednesday I went out to Panera with my mom, Joy and Grandma Linda.  Mariah was working there so she stopped by and chit chatted with us every couple minutes.  We were there from like 6 till it closed lol we just talked and talked and talked.  OOOO how I love talking with them, there is always something to talk about.  The next day I spent with Mary at Lake Michigan and we went and got ice cream at Culvers.  This is becoming a tradition with us.  I love that girl and just relaxing at the lake.  We never have a dull moment, that's for sure!!  It was the hottest week of the year.  The temperatures all week were in the low 100s with 85%-95% humidity with a heat index of 120-- we were scorched.  But its summer, gotta enjoy it before we get buried in snow again! There were some bad storms the morning of my birthday and it took me a lifetime to get to work BUT it didn't bother me, the rain made the temperature cool off and give us a little break from the heat... but by the time I got out of work it was sunny, dry and smokin' hot again.  My job is awesome, I have an amazing boss and some pretty cool "co-workers" :)  We had a mini party and everyone brought food and we just stuffed our faces all day and I had a couple visitors who came and wished me a Happy Birthday, and some surprising phone calls which was nice :)  
The cake the Jodi got me from her favorite bakery,  it was SOO good!
 Im not big into "huge parties"  I'm more low key and like to spend time with family and close friends.  So I didn't plan anything big for my day.  Steven was always the party planner lol  Amy, Mary, my mom and I went to a AWESOME restaurant called "Shogun"  Its a hibachi and sushi restaurant, I was introduced to by the Moretti's a few years back.  Besides the food being epic, all the tables surround a grill and they cook your food in front of you and do all these tricks for ya.  Our cook was a man named Forrest, he was really funny and we all think he had a major crush on Amy haha  We got the hibachi chicken, garlic shrimp and California rolls.  SOOOO GOODDD.  They did the whole "big hat and the whole restaurant comes out and sings to you"  thing, which is always entertaining.  If you haven't been there...GO.  It's right by the lake, the cooks are great, the food is great, the waitresses are great and you will just have a great time :) 
We did not match on purpose, just like Ant's prom... I don't know why this always happens lol
Amy, Mary and I with Forrest and our wonderful waitress (I forgot her name)
Love the hat.
Momma and I!
 This is Forrest making a train while cooking the onions lol 

Then after we spent the night at my house, and my wonderful-cook-of-a-dad made us a fantastic breakfast!  French toast, bacon, eggs and orange juice.  I was so happy he was here for my birthday, he had been gone all week in Michigan for my brothers baseball tournament but he made it home just in time :)  I also get to look forward to lunch dates with Emily and Preston when they are home since they were out of town.  Oh, and I almost forgot...I got one of theee greatest presents.  In the beginning of the summer I finished a quilt and wanted to make one out of my running shirts from high school and college.  My mom had a friend at work that loves to make them and wanted to get one made for me.  So instead of me making it I picked out 15 shirts and let Miss Mandy make it :)  It was probably a good idea because I did not want to experiment on my shirts that are super important to me.  You might think I'm weird but my running shirts are kinda a sentimental thing for me.  Each one has a memory and story to go a long with it.  Believe it or not but it was hard for me to give up 15 t-shirts out of like 200 hundred lol I didn't like the thought of them getting cut up.  But lots of them were falling apart and stained, so this was a perfect idea instead of just letting them sit and gather dust.  I didn't think I would get it till Christmas but Mandy whipped it together and I got it for my birthday :)  Thank you Mom and Dad for the wonderful gift and thank you Mandy for taking your time to make me something that is so special to me- your thee best!!
She knew blue and green are my favorite colors so she found a blue, green and yellow (matched the yellow shirts) backing!  Just perfect!
Thank you to everyone for the calls, cards, texts and gifts!!! It was defiantly a wonderful birthday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment