Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July!

When Anthony was really little he would always brag about how his birthday was more "special" and "cooler" then mine because the whole United States did fireworks for HIM.  We thought it was the funniest thing and it broke his heart when he found out it he shared his birthday with a actual holiday.  This year he turned 17!  We were attached to the hip growing up,  I found some of the cutest pictures that I know will embarrass him.... but I just had to post them!  
This picture just puts a smile on my face.  He loved to watch what was going on outside in the yard. 
he destroyed all my toys, tore my barbies apart, and tried numerous time to fit in my barbie car :)
Yup, I taught him how to brush his teeth....

.....and he would never let me get my beauty sleep :)

We were the families entertainment

 Thank you for getting in trouble with me, saving me from snakes during a Easter egg hunts and having camp-outs in the living room with me...... just some of my favorite memories :)

Happy Birthday Anthony, I Love Ya!

We spent the day doing all of the exciting and fun traditions.  In the evening I went to Steven's family Fourth of July party like always.  I am so glad I went, it was wonderful to see everyone.  Even though he isn't here I still love being with his family.  It makes me feel like he is still here if that makes any sense.  Just before it got dark I headed home and watched the fireworks with my family.  There is something about being surrounded by the people you love that makes everything worth it.  I love my family and I love this country.  Couldn't ask for anything better.  Happy 4th of July! :)
Getting ready for the show!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Specially the denial of beauty sleep. What is up with that. LOL.

    ReplyDelete