Saturday, July 30, 2011

Relay 2011

So Saturday after the girls left it was RELAY TIME!! Woooohooo! I love Relay.  I love the little fundraisers around the track, people playing frisbee at 3 in the morning and all the theme laps and games.  For the past couple of years my mom and I have done Relay For Life.  The bank where she works has a team called "Bankers For A Cure."  The team is pretty wonderful.  Every year Relay raises thousand and thousands of dollars in the fight against cancer and to find a cure.  We are so close to finding cures for certain cancers its ridiculous.  Relay brings hope, it's a time where we can honor and remember the ones who have lost the fight and ones that are fighting now.  Every year when I do Relay I always think of my grandpa, Ryan Hess and my mom.  They are wonderful example of hope, miracles and love.  I encourage you to click here and make a donation.  Every penny counts.  Our goal is to one day have a world where no one will ever have to hear the words "You have cancer." 
Emily and I :) I can't believe she is going into high school!
Renee :)
This made us laugh
So Renee made Luminaria bags for people on our team, she did a wonderful job:)
Once it got dark, the bags were placed all around the track and lit up.  They were either "In Honor" or "In Memory" of someone.  Its' a very emotional lap for sure. 



__________________________________________________________________________  
Relay is from from 6pm Saturday till 6am on Sunday.  After we caught up on sleep, we went over to Grandma Chris's house and went swimming and grilled with the family.  Such a nice, relaxing day!!
This is Titus.  Isn't he just ADORABLE?! He is wearing his Woody towel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment