This fall break was much needed!!! Since I am student teaching, there is no days off, there is no sick days, there is no breaks. Which I am fine with, it was just really really nice to have a little break. Student teaching has been fantastic so far and I cannot believe I am halfway done!! The teachers and administration are amazing and it is such a blessing to work with them. The students aren't to bad either :) After school on Wednesday, the cross country team headed down to Weber State for region! Both teams made state and did fantastic!! I am so proud of these kids, they work so hard and it is nice to see it pay off. Coaching and teaching are the most rewarding jobs ever.
Thursday morning I woke up nice and early and went on a morning hike with Sarah and Kristen. Afterwards we went out to breakfast at Herms. If you haven't noticed, Herms is my new favorite place to go get breakfast!!
Thursday morning I woke up nice and early and went on a morning hike with Sarah and Kristen. Afterwards we went out to breakfast at Herms. If you haven't noticed, Herms is my new favorite place to go get breakfast!!
Afterwards, we babysat Kai for a little while so Jessi could get some work done. He is such a little stud. I love him so much. The rest of the day was spent baking bread, pie, cookies and some other treats. Later that night Will came over and we watched a movie and feasted on all the food we made earlier. Friday was a homework/cleaning/ workout day. In the evening, Deanna got a big group together for a bonfire. It was so much fun! I met a ton of new people in our ward. We roasted s'mores and starbursts while Will and Dan played their guitars and sang to us. They are dang good! Saturday morning, I headed down to Murray to join my girls at Build-A-Bear to celebrate their birthdays! I know I say this every year, but I cannot believe they are both 6 years old!! They are so sweet and loving, it is always a good time with these girls.
Sunday, we had a family party for Rhiannon's birthday. I had the honor of helping Traci make the cake again this year. Every year Traci makes whatever cake the kids want for their birthday. She is one creative lady! This is what we did this year....
This sweet girl is truly a blessing in my life. She has so much love and kindness for others. I am so grateful that I can pack my bag and drive down whenever I need to get away and know that I have this little lady (along with the rest of my amazing family) excitedly waiting to see me. I will never get sick of her asking me to do her hair, paint her nails and crawling into bed with me in the morning wanting to "snuggle" and have girl talk. She is one special girl!




No comments:
Post a Comment