I was thinking a lot in church today about how grateful I am to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and the impact it has had on my life in just the last month. At times I feel like my life is falling apart. Trials seem to keep coming and coming and I cant catch a break. By taking a minute out of my day to write down something I am grateful for, it has made a difference. It makes me think more positively and realize that when things seem to be falling apart there is still always something to be grateful for. At church, we talked about having faith in the Lords timing. This was just what I needed to hear. I have realized that the "plan" you have for yourself will not always turn out the way you thought and life will throw you curve balls. I have realized it is okay not to always have a plan. I need to have enough faith that the Lord knows what I need and is mindful of what I am going through and feeling. He wants what is best for me and if I strive to draw closer to him, my worries and fears will be taken care of. Everything will work out. This Gospel gives me hope that there is always a better and brighter future. It just depends on your perspective and your faith. I am so grateful for tender mercies God gives me everyday. I have a testimony that God hears my prayers and he knows exactly what I am going through. He knows my heart. He has never and will never abandon me. While at the Temple, I had a overwhelming thought: "Everything will be okay, this is what really matters". Being worthy to go to the Temple, making and keeping sacred covenants, eternal families, faith and love for my Heavenly Father is what matters. Life is constantly changing, but the gospel is always the same. Christ's love is always the same. So, despite unwanted changes in my life, I will never let them overcome my happiness.
"For the love of the Son of God, pierces all darkness, softens all sorrow and gladdens every heart."
No comments:
Post a Comment