Sarah, Kristen and I drove down to Salt Lake for the weekend to run the annual Utah Women's Run in Sandy. Lets just say it was the best weekend. We headed down in the afternoon on Friday and stopped in Bountiful to get the most delicious smoothies you have ever tasted. It is called Keva Juice. This place blows Jamba Juice out of the water.
We stayed the night in Holladay at Sarah's house, had dinner and spent some time with her family. The next morning we got up nice and early, dressed in alll of our pink attire and headed down to Sandy to race. It was actually really cold to the point that after I finished the race my hands were so numb I couldn't open my water bottle. I loved this course! It felt so good to not just race but race for a really good cause. I couldn't help but think of my mom the entire time and actually ended up pounding it out and never once thought about how my knees and hip felt. It was awesome. We raised enough money to give over 500 women who are not insured or not covered by their insurance their yearly mammogram, free of charge. I hope people who helped us raise that money realize how many lives they have saved simply by giving them a chance to have that early detection which is so important with Cancer.
![]() |
| Kristen, Sarah, Anne ( Sarah's Mom) and I. We had such a fun time color dying our socks!! Such a good idea, specially since it was so cold. |
| We got these awesome necklaces at the finish line. |
Afterwards I headed to Murray to spend some time with the family. We went over and looked at the house Tia and Josh got and helped them clean a little bit. The next day I hung out with the kiddos and went to church. I seriously have the best family ever. Rhiannon is at the perfect age. She loves to have "girl talk," slumber parties and paint each others nails. You can pretty much say we are best buds :)







No comments:
Post a Comment