Sunday, September 22, 2013

This Weeks Happenings

This has been another great, busy week.  Alyssa had her first home volleyball game against Boise State.  She did fantastic.  I am so proud of her and all the hard work she has done trying to come back from a ACL injury last season.  She is so stinken' good!    
I spent a lot of time with the Scott family this week!  I love being able to watch him for a little bit during the week.  He is truly such a joy to be around.  Jessi and I took Kai for a walk on the river trail and then I took their family pictures.  I must say I did pretty well!  we had a fun time trying to get Kai's attention long enough to snap a shot.  I will have to post some of them after we go through and edit them.  Maybe I have found a new talent :)
My wonderful roommate Sarah ran her millionth marathon.  I am so proud of that girl.  She ran the Top of Utah Marathon Saturday morning and did well.  Believe it or not she talked me into running the Halloween Half with her in Salt Lake City in a few weeks.  Wish me luck... I don't last more than eight miles.
Jeff took me out to Cutler Dam to work on my fishing skills.  I haven't really been fishing since....I don't know when.  My brother goes all the time but he never was able to take me.  So, I knew he would be proud of me for finally trying it out!  I had so much fun.  I caught a good amount ( about 10) of these little cat fish-type fish.  The bad thing about it was that their fins, if not held a proper way would sting you.  I got stung plenty of times as Jeff tried to teach me how to take it off the hook.  Yeah, a few of my fingers were numb for a while.  It was seriously so peaceful and there was an amazing view. 
Sooo I was dying of laughter at one point because Jeff caught a huge "fish" and couldn't quite pull it out of the water.  He tried for a good 20 minutes before asking for help.  That boy was very determined.  Needless to say we never saw the fish....(he actually caught the hook on the bridge)  
                                           
Well, on to another wonderful week of student teaching and meeting new people and doing things I never thought I would.  Man, I love college :)

No comments:

Post a Comment