Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mission Calls

Opening mission calls never get old!!  My dear friend Hillary got hers the other day.  I went over to her house and joined her and all of the family and roommates to watch her open her call.  We had FOUR laptops on with Skype on so all of her family (Indiana) could watch.  Her cousin Mariah also got her call the same day, so it was double the excitement.  Hill opened her call first, then Mariah second.  You will not believe what happened.... they were both called to the SAME mission!! Yup, that right!  They are going to the Mesa Arizona, Spanish speaking mission.  Hill leaves January 4th and Mariah leaves about a month later on February 8th.  Hillary has just the regular mission and Mariah has the Temple/Visitor Center mission.  I am so glad her mom got it all on camera when we opened Mariahs call.  Our reactions were priceless.  It was hard to hold back the tears while listening to see where these wonderful young women will be serving the Lord the next 18 months.  The spirit just filled the room.  They have been best friends and inseparable since they day they were born.  It is such a blessing that they get to experience a mission together also.  I am so unbelievably proud of these girls and I am so excited for them.  They are going to be amazing

Hill, Me and Mariah

Thank you for letting me be apart of your special day! 

1 comment: