It is hard to believe it has almost been two months since we lost Sloane. I still have a hard time going to bed every night without thinking about her. I just miss her so much. I have accepted what happened and I know I will see her again and that she is happy, but that doesn't help the "missing her" part as much if that makes any sense. I have found something that has helped me a lot when I have one of "those days." Don't get me wrong, life is great right now I cant complain, but she is always in the back of my head. I found that by helping people and doing things for others brings me happiness and I am not thinking about my own trials as much. Being able to help others is such a blessing. I have been much happier and my moments sadness has gotten less and less. I have also realized by giving a prayer of just thanks for the things I have makes me feel better. I have already felt Sloane's love for me in the past two months during certain experiences, and that brings great comfort to me. She was such an amazing example, I look up to her so much. I can't say it enough how much I love this Gospel and I do not know where I would be without it. It can truly shed some light during tough times.
 |
| Youth Conference (pioneer trek), right before the accident. I miss that beautiful smile. |
|
 |
| I always wonder what she was thinking about..... |
Loss is so hard!! I can only imagine!! I lost a really close friend almost two years ago, and the pain is still the same!! Keep your head up, and if you EVER need a good book to read, I HIGHLY... and I mean HIGHLY suggest a book called Tear Soup!!! It really helps me through my loss when it gets hardest!! Thank Heavens for the Plan of Salvation, right? :) Heavenly Father really was looking out for us when he created that Plan... <3
ReplyDelete