Sunday, December 15, 2013

Home For The Holidays

 I have made it home for Christmas safe and sound!!  It is such a weird feeling knowing that I wont be going back to school in January.  Although, I am so stoked to go on my trip!!  Anthony and my dad picked me up from the airport and then we met up with my mom for a good steak dinner.  Words cannot describe how wonderful it is to be with my family again.  I have really missed them.  I don't think many of my friends realize how lucky they are to live close to their family.  My mom seems to be doing better.  She has been really sick lately but has been in good spirits.  I guess we have our good days along with our bad.  She will be continuing this oral chemotherapy until the end of the year.  Afterwards, she will be tested once again on January 9th to see if the cancer is finally gone.  Depending on the results, we will make a game plan from there.  Keep your fingers crossed that this treatment is working.  We are ready for a healthy and happy new year!  
My mom is truly my inspiration.  My heart is full.  
Sure did miss this young man!
Had to stop by and say hello to the grandparents!  
The moment we pulled into the driveway, my neighbors snatched me up.  The Sternbergs had a new little addition to the family back in October that I have been anxiously waiting to meet!  This is Owen.  He seriously melts my heart.   
This is how Braden and I are going to spend the next 8 weeks.  I will be here in Wisconsin all of Christmas break and then will only be in Logan for about six days before heading to Singapore/Malaysia for a month.  I am grateful for technology and having the chance to facetime/skype him for hours.  Literally hours.  :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment