Monday, December 2, 2013

Meet Bonnie

Taylor's mom, Bonnie, was diagnosed in August with breast cancer.  They do not have any health insurance so a bunch of us have been putting together fundraisers every month to help raise money to go towards her treatments and other needs.  It has truly been a blessing to be able to participate in these fundraisers and form friendships with everyone involved.  I have had the opportunity to grow close to Taylor these last few months.  I admire the deep love and concern she has for her family.  She puts a lot of work into these fundraisers and to see how successful they are brings me so much joy.  Last month we did "Beats For Bonnie" where we had a bunch of bands come and perform with a dance party after.  
In December, we did Beards For Bonnie, where all the guys grew out their beards for the whole month of November and then we had a contest to see who had the best/nastiest beard along with some other activities.  I was finally able to meet Bonnie.  To be able to hug and talk with her was a wonderful experience.  I had an instant connection and love for her.  I realized how much a truly miss my mom and how much cancer just really sucks.  The evening was such a good time.  A night full of good laughs and good company! 
They handed out stashes to the ladies who couldn't grow facial hair
Always a good time with these kids
Taylor, Kristen and I are all going through a similar trial.   We all have been affected by cancer this last year and have been able to help each other tremendously.  It is such a blessing to have these two girls in my life. 
The boys got a little something for participating in the contest even though they didn't win.  
Taylor and her family!

No comments:

Post a Comment